I found this picture on the internet, of authentic men's clothing in the 1800's, and used it to try to create a pioneer outfit for Bill's Mormon Batallion activities. In true pioneer spirit, I just used things I already had on hand.This photo shows more details on the shirt, but of course a cell-phone is not authentic pioneer equipment!!! Hope you all had a happy 24th of July celebration!
2 comments:
Are the suspenders just a decoration on the shirt? I thought they were actual suspenders until I saw the close up and now I'm not sure. It's really great.
Yep, "real", only I didn't use any hardware, so they do look sort of fake, especially cuz the elastic I hid in the strap tends to make the straps hug the shirt when he relaxes.... Maybe some darker topstitching would help? They are just sort of pieced. Figured that since money is tight here, and pioneers had to make do a lot, they might end up more "authentic" than the internet pic!
Post a Comment