Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve's Eve

HoneyBear says, "This one is my present, I know! I won't get into it yet, I know I have to wait. But doesn't it look pretty? And it smells good, too." She even sleeps by the Christmas tree, probably to make sure no one sneaks in to open presents early?! Or maybe to catch Santa?
A rare look at a "flicker" in our feeder that Kristopher and his boys made for us. It is about as large as a dove, but its tail is longer I think. It has been in our yard off and on most of the day! They are very wary birds and hard to get photos of.
More birds in that feeder. Isn't it wonderful that Heavenly Father knows and cares about each sparrow? And each of us?!!! A comforting thought when I am feeling rather sad about what I didn't get done yet, how late the mailed gifts are going to arrive, the muffins I burnt today, how we wish/hope we get to see more family this holiday but probably won't cuz a trip to the valley just isn't possible this time, how both of us feel ache-y today......wait---Let's cheer up here!
We do have a lot to be thankful for! A cozy warm home with a new, clean layer of snow outside, most of the food I cook is yummy and not burnt, the family will enjoy the gifts we are sending no matter when they receive them and know that we love and care for them even when we can't be there in person, the birds are beautiful to watch and grateful for the food, HoneyBear is comic relief in how excited she is about Christmas, Bill has been reading the favored Christmas stories and scriptures to us, even with his soar throat, etc, we love the recent blog posts of family (and the old ones too, as a matter of fact.) Lots is good! (And this photo is a dove that was born in our neighbor's tree last Spring, we think it is the same one. Interesting color change for winter, huh?)

See ya later! Bill feels better enough to run some errands in his festive Peanuts sweatshirt. It is soooo dark even tho it is around 3 in the afternoon. Are we getting enough vitamin D? Oh, yeah, that is one of the things he is picking up on his errands. After he got back, we watched the 1984 George C. Scott version of the Christmas Carol. So well done. A classic good reminder about keeping priorities right. That is our favorite Christmas Carol version.

And another thing to be thankful for: this time the wind and snow did NOT clobber the outside Nativity!!! Life is good enough, but we miss you ALL!!! Happy Christmas Eve tomorrow!

No comments: