Sunday, December 13, 2009

"I have to go outside---its too warm in here"

Bill was all bundled up in his snow bibs, boots, etc., and was working outside on the lights. He came in to visit with me a few minutes, and that's when he hurried onto the back porch after saying, "I have to go outside---its too warm in here!" That was closely followed by his next now-famous statement:

"I never thought I'd see the day when I used 'warming up' and '40 degrees' in
the same sentence!"

Saturday was warmer at around 40`---the temperatures the week before seldom got above freezing. Our bodies have acclimated to the temperatures quite well---we usually keep the thermostat between 68 and 70. Can you believe Bill used to call himself a "desert rat"? And that he is planning another snow campout with the Scouts this winter? On purpose, because it was so fun the last time they went? Our lives don't always turn out as we planned, but we enjoy the surprises!!!

No comments: