Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lilacs to share!

If I look sleepy here, it is because Bill and I were outside last night at 11:30 pm, snipping lilacs from our bushes!!! Bill had checked the weather, and learned the temps would get below freezing for 2 nights in a row. We knew that freezing would ruin my plan of taking some to the reservation this week at work. So, we threw coats on over our jammies, and got busy! Here you see 8 salad dressing bottles-full of lilac blooms. Hope they make it to the rez OK---wish me luck! Thanks for your cheerful help, Bill!!! Probably this trip is going to be the most fragrant one I have ever made!!! :-)

1 comment:

Sparks Haven said...

I think you look beautiful! It was fun scurrying around to get them cut and in, out of the cold. Hope your trip was just the right amount of fragrance, and the people you share them with will enjoy them as much as we have. Love, Bill