Sunday, October 28, 2012

Blogging Again!

I am so happy to have computer access at home again, after our computers "fried" in July thunderstorms.  Some photos were lost forever, sadly, like Amy's family visiting, so sad I didn't have a back-up copy. 

But, what on earth is this photo about? you might be wondering to yourself...bootie bottoms!  Yes, these prove how much Eon has grown since he was born---at least his feet!  Shortly before he was born, I began crocheting a pair of booties out of crochet cotton thread.  When we visited Eon and Heidi in the hospital the day after he was born,  I placed my thumb up next to his foot to make sure I was making the booties the right size.  ( I only had the bottoms of the booties done, and still needed to crochet the part that goes across the top of the foot, and also the ankle part.)  The size seemed just right.

Fast forward a bunch of weeks, and I realize, "I need to finish those booties!", because Eon's blessing is soon!  But they seemed SO SMALL.  I looked at photos that Heidi had posted, and he has grown so much, just as healthy as can be.  So I asked Heidi to measure his foot....the 3 and 1/4 inch long bootie bottoms will be too short!  His foot is now exactly 3 and 1/2 inches, so 3 and 3/4 inches long will be just right.  I am so happy to find out now!!!  So I began making new booties last night, and couldn't resist taking a photo.  I am so thrilled that Eon is healthy and growing just right for him!

Is there a moral to this story?  Yes!  It is, "procrastination is sometimes a good thing!" 
(Hee, hee, hee!)

No comments: