Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Autumn 2013 Views!

Wildflowers were abundant this year!!!  Bill and HoneyBear brought this lovely bouquet home when they went for a walk!!!

Each time there was a cold snap, it would warm up again, and our rosebush sent out some of its loveliest blooms!  At first, we titled this "the last rose of 2013", but then we got some more, a couple weeks later!!!

Doing dishes is a joy when this is your view!!!  The leave's fall colors were lovely in our yard and neighborhood and town this year.


I have been working on a special afgan for Kristopher for 1 & 1/2 years, off and on.  I finally finished it for his birthday this year!!!  The pattern was in a crochet book I had when he was a teenager.  I remember him telling me he liked that pattern waaaaay back then!  It was fun to plan and crochet it for him!  I had given the other children each a quilt or afgan just for them many years ago.  Kristopher has been very patient, waiting for his.  A funny thing about this pattern, though:  I couldn't work on it when I was tired or couldn't think to count carefully, like during a movie.  The pattern of mountains or waves would make my eyes crazy if I was tired!!!  Good thing the colors weren't as vivid as the one in the book!  So, it was actually easier to work on 2 afgans at once!!!
When I was too tired to count a lot for Kristopher's afgan project, I got to work on this one for Eon!  Heidi found the pattern she liked and bought the yarn and asked me to make it.  Each time our Home Teachers or the missionaries came over, they would check on the progress of both afgans.  For a long time, Eon's was a pile of colorful "pancakes" on the arm of the couch!!!  When it was time to put them together, we set up the card table here so the octagons could stay in the right order.  I now miss that splash of color in that spot in our home!
 
Autumn has seen lots of projects around our home, first for the October and November birthdays in our family, Faith's baptism dress, and then for the small gifts we are giving for Christmas.  It has been cozy in our home as I have worked on projects while it gets chillier outside.  Now, if we could just get our car repair challenges taken care of for long enough to enjoy our mountain more, also!!!
 
Here are some autumn views around town on a day when our Jeep WAS working:



'Couldn't leave out a photo of the elk statue!

No comments: