Friday, June 27, 2008

Bill is doing well!

I told Bill I would name this picture "The Eagle has Landed", but he said,"No, the Eagle is Taking Off!" It is a good description of his general attitude: Even while recuperating, he is always getting ready to do something worthwhile! We bought this eagle wind/weathervane for part of Bill's Father's Day gifts. Bill is pacing himself well during his recuperation from the recent procedure he had. He enjoys a daily walk and working in the yard interspersed with rests and Star Trek movies, then more working around the house and yard, accomplishing what I think is an amazing amount during these short working bursts. He is experiencing just the right amount of side effects, and healing as we expected. He is one happy and contented guy. I am so thankful for his upbeat and encouraging attitude.
Bill taking care of the roses. I think this probably looks a lot like his Dad looked, taking care of roses, in a contented kind of way.
Can you see the petals Bill just tossed? Fun! When you pick the spent blooms, it helps the plant know to produce more flowers.
Here is Bill working on a leak in the water system. He wears long sleeves, gloves & a hat cuz some of the medicines he takes since the cancer procedure makes him very sensitive to the sun. I am thankful that he follows the rules/doctor's orders with no nagging or reminders. It helps me realize he really does want to live a long and healthy life with me and all our family and friends in his life! A view of the side fence covered with tiny climbing roses. It is beautiful and fragrant, too, when you spray water on it. We spied a new type of bird there today, whose job seems to be to eat little bugs on this rosebush. He very carefully, but with much agility hopped around the thorns eating away! We didn't get a picture of him, but did enjoy watching with amazement as he wove his way in and out among the branches.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am happy to see you are feeling good and that the eagle is taking off.

Unknown said...

we love you and miss you. we are happy to know that you are doing well. Faith says "i love you.
"
love you soooooooooooooo much
David, Mandy, Faith, Solomon