Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fun Date Night!

Woo-Hoo!!! 416 to 328!!! Diane Wins!! A great Scrabble game even if I hadn't won! (And I wasn't even wearing my lucky Scrabble socks!) A fun way to end a very nice date night, especially since Bill was a good sport about not winning.
This photo is a little dark-hope you can see it. We attended the Handel's Messiah concert put on by the White Mountain Chorale. It has become a tradition with us. It was such an inspiring thing to join in on the Hallelujah chorus. Now it officially feels like Christmas-time, because we got to sing the Hallelujah Chorus!
These are our friends Leburta and David Crockett. Leburta is the accompanist for the White Mountain Chorale, and did it all on this lovely pipe organ in the old LDS meetinghouse downtown. Her playing is Heavenly, including the magnificent Prelude pieces she did. We are sure this organ looks forward to this performance every year--Leburta really helps this organ do its grandest!

3 comments:

Kris and Julie Bielefeldt Family said...

I'm concerned that your Scrabble skills have surpassed mine... Is Julep even a word??? Apparently, yes...

ju⋅lep   /ˈdʒulɪp/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [joo-lip] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. mint julep.
2. a sweet drink, variously prepared and sometimes medicated.


Given my dislike to losing, I think I need you to digress before I can play with you. Perhaps, we can play online at pogo.com sometime?

Kris.

The Garbison family said...

Those are some phenomenal Scrabble scores!! Go you!!

Sparks Haven said...

Kriso, just for your info, julep was Bill's word...that's what happens when a former drinker (before he joined the church of course) becomes a member of the family: new vocabulary!!! Playing Scrabble on line sounds interesting...but wouldn't that make it so you could have as many dictionaries in your bathroom cupboard as you wanted, and I would never know? Love, Mom