Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lots of Bills!

From left to right, Bill #3, and Bill #1. Counting the employees and spouses of employees, it seemed like there were a lot of Bills at Bill's work party!
I was so proud of my Bill at the party: As the white-elephant exchange game went on, a couple of incredibly innappropriate gifts got opened. Half of the crowd grew more rude with each comment as the other half grew more uncomfortable, trying to decide if they should leave. When it was his turn, Bill deftly defused the situation by saying in his joking voice, "Oh, I don't want to risk opening any new package---I'm choosing something safe!!!" As he dramatically ran with his "stolen" Santa salt shakers back to his seat, the happy response from the relieved half of the room sent a clear message to the rude ones, and their banter decreased significantly. Good for you, Bill, the only one brave enough to say something!

Some of Bill's coworkers and spouses, quite a diverse group of ages and lifestyles.

No comments: