Monday, June 27, 2011

Manti moments!

It was so fun that Shae & her parents were staying with Mother & Dad when we were. This is her collection of pretty rocks, leaves, & flowers from the backyard.
Morning ritual: my Dad & Bill with the morning paper... This table is an antique from a school. The seats swing out from under the table. It was longer when all of us children were at home, but they cut it to fit when they moved to Manti. Perfect for that breakfast area! The big pink peonies on the table are from their lovely yard.
This is me before the pageant on the Manti Temple grounds. Mosquitoes were in great abundance due to the heavy and frequent rains they have been having in Utah. Got several comments from people who wished they had a mosquito net also. This was the only trip to Utah I ever remember that I got absolutely NO MOSQUITO BITES!!! For someone who is so severely allergic to them, and whose blood apparently is extra tasty to them, well, this is a tremendous accomplishment! I am now a firm believer in tea tree oil and mosquito nets!!! Yay hooray!!!! And of course, the pageant was glorious! Bill had never seen it before and enjoyed it thoroughly. Diane got to be in the pageant 40 years ago with her cousins, and delighted in noticing which parts of the pageant were still the same. Well, except for costume and sound/lighting upgrades... I mean the basic story was the same!

No comments: