Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama!

Karl and Charla are ready to go on a date! I hope you can see Karl's shirt: it has pictures of the children on it, even the new baby's ultrasound picture! Cute idea for a Father's Day present, Charla! The contraption at left is a "stander" for Heather. It supports her in standing comfortably while watching TV. This helps her bones to grow properly, and helps her get closer to being able to walk, since you have to be able to support your own weight to walk properly.
Swinging in the backyard! The pretty-shaped greenery in the property behind Karl and Charla's is actually a prolific vine called kudzu that grows up and over trees and bushes, eventually destroying the tree or bush it is covering. It is a great menace in Alabama, but looks so pretty and dramatic! Can you see how it forms animal-like shapes?

Yay! Daddy's home from work! Let's read a story!

Heather watching TV in the playroom.


Michael drinks his protein/yogurt/milkshake-type drink while he watches "Wonder Pets". It's important to put some weight on this cute guy. Tonight he did great: after the milkshake thing, he ate 2 whole pancakes and then drank some whole milk, too!
Well, now you've seen some of the "around the house" photos of Karl and Charla's family. I sure am thankful for this opportunity to visit and help out a little. I miss my Bill, but he is being so supportive, even tho he has a bad cold/infection. I guess he got first dibs on the new school year germs this time. He even made zucchini bread and mailed some to me! What a nice guy! This package should come tomorrow---I can hardly wait! He sent another one last week. Thank you, dear Husband! I love you!

1 comment:

Sparks Haven said...

Everybody looks great! I like your haircut Karl. thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures.